Olathe Health - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Olathe Health Systems
JE Dunn Construction Co.
Brack & Associates
Mechanical Construction, Fabrication - Piping and Plumbing, Virtual Design Construction
P1 Group’s multi-process approach included the use of field iPads, prefabricated hangers and the Enterprise/Accubid estimating system to help the project run more efficiently.
P1 Group completed the sheet metal, mechanical and plumbing work for the Obstetrics and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Olathe Medical Center (OMC). The NICU is located within a newly constructed, four-story wing on the northeast side of the hospital. We successfully rolled out several processes on this project, including:
- The implementation of field iPads and new electronic document management procedures.
- Prefabricated hangers, built in shop and sent to the jobsite installed.
- The utilization of the Enterprise/Accubid estimating program.
On this project, we worked to take down parts of the existing medical gas system at OMC during the “Umbilical Phase” of the project in order to connect the new building structure to the old. This project was run during night shifts in order to maintain operational status during business hours, which made the outage much shorter - lasting for a few hours instead of days.
"Your team understood the important nature of this work and were quick and careful.” - John Luthi Construction Project Manager, Olathe Health
- 1 RTU and 5 AHUs were installed
- All piping larger than 4” was welded; no grooved fitting were allowed
- 9 iPads were purchased for field employees
- 304 plumbing fixtures were installed on the project