Virtual Design and Construction (VDC)
P1 Group has used BIM since 2000. Our experienced Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) professionals help clients meet their two most important goals: staying on time and on budget. Because of the great benefit it provides, P1 Group uses 3D modeling on every large project to ensure an accurate, efficient install, and better product for our owners.
Who We Are
At any given time, the P1 Group VDC department has about 14 in-house detailers, the majority of whom are from the local trades and have Union field experience.
The P1 Group VDC Approach
The P1 Group approach includes a collaborative Virtual Design & Construction team effort, taking high priority trades including large sheet metal and welded mechanical pipe, and modeling them in first with minimal fittings and exceptional flows and ease of installation.
Following priority systems, the P1 Group VDC team adds remaining content working towards a 100% clash free model. Our “Smart Data” is embedded in our model for all trades to use and maintain the highest level of craftsmanship.
The VDC team works with the project team to support their needs for 3D Laser Scanning, Trimble Total Station Layout, RFIs and Value Engineering, GC and Owner requests, as well as all Fabrication Spool sheets, labeling, and preferred installation sequences.
3D VDC BIM Technology
- BIM 360 Docs, Build, Design BIM Software
- Procore: Document Management, Project Management, BIM and Field Software for all aspects of a project
- Bluebeam Extreme
- Autodesk AEC Collection (Navisworks Manage, Revit, Inventor, Recap Pro, Revit Live, Dynamo Studio)
- Purchased Add-Ons for Revit:
- Victaulic Toolbar
- Greenlee Bendworks
- RF Tools
- Trimble SysQue Piping Suite
- Metalab Sheet Metal PractiCAD software
- FARO Scene Software for Processing 3D Laser Scan Point Clouds
- Cintoo Wire Mesh Point Cloud Processing Software
- BIM PRO Fabrication Management Software and Spooling
- Trimble Field Point Total Station Software