Absolute reliability is the standard for healthcare facility systems, which is why so many call on P1 Group for hospital work.
P1 Group's work within the healthcare marketplace typically accounts for more than 35 percent of our total annual volume. Given our continuous presence in the healthcare sector, we have had many years and projects to develop our strengths and build an excellent team.
Our hospital expertise includes significant knowledge of The Joint Commission’s accreditation standards for healthcare facilities. Our well-qualified project managers and foremen, as well as many of our journeyman tradesmen, are well-versed in in these standards as they relate to the most current standards for patient safety, infection control, life safety systems and our scope of work.
P1 Group is fully capable to perform any hospital project or service request. We can build completely new facilities or expand specialized areas such as the OR, MRI and CCU.
Examples of P1 Group's innovative approaches in healthcare facilities include:
- A smoke evacuation mode that allows air handing units to react in case of a fire, eliminating the need for smoke dampers and resulting in significant savings.
- Significant investments by P1 in electronic document management procedures have been instrumental in the success of our healthcare projects.
- Lean construction practices, utilizing fabrication, Virtual Design Construction (VDC) and real-time estimating and cost monitoring.
- Utilizing a combination of detailing, coordination, prefabrication and hard work to successfully complete the rough-in phase of a large hospital, a job that normally spans about two years.
- Working within already-congested hospitals to make needed improvements and develop creative solutions so that hospitals can remain operational during construction.