OLATHE, Kan. – P1 Group has been awarded the mechanical, plumbing and sheet metal work for a new Obstetrics and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Olathe Medical Center.
The Obstetrics and NICU will be located within a newly constructed, four-story wing on the northeast side of the hospital.
The new wing will be equipped with the latest technology to care for moms and babies, including an expanded well baby nursery. The new Level II NICU will serve high-risk babies and will include large private rooms so parents are able to stay with their baby. A separate OB/NICU entrance will be constructed for families and visitors, and the wing’s atrium will become the main entrance for all other visitors. A cafeteria for the entire hospital will also be located in the new addition.
P1 Group associates involved with the project include:
- Don Erisman, Pre-Construction Manager
- Joe Camren, Chuck Dickman and Mike Mihalchik – Estimators
- Paul Smith, Project Executive
- David Fauser, Senior Project Manager
- Brooks Peek, Rob Downing and Steve Klamm – Foremen
- Jim Schnefke, VP Business Development
- Brady Kyle, Project Engineer
JE Dunn, Kansas City, Mo., is the general contractor for the project. Construction is expected to begin next month and be completed by early 2017.