WHEATLAND, Wyo. – P1 Group, Inc. has won a mechanical and electrical project to upgrade the Unit 1 main and boiler feed pump turbine controls at the Basin Electric Laramie River Station in Wheatland, Wyo.
P1 Group will begin work during the Spring 2012 outage.
Scope of Work
- Remove existing speed controls for the main turbine and boiler feed pumps, including valves, swtiches, piping and electrical cabling.
- Install new Ovation Over-Speed Controls for the main turbine and boiler feed pumps
Install new pressure switches and solenoid valves
- Install new filter body for each turbine
- Install new expansion for each turbine
- Install new trip handle assemblyInstall (1) Hydraulic Power Unit
- Install new Ovation Over-Speed Cabinet
- Terminate new field wirings to new Ovation Over-Speed Control Cabinet.
- Furnish and install redundant power feeds and grounding for Ovation Over-Speed Cabinet
- Install control speed probes
Congratulations to the following associates who were integral in securing this work for P1 Group:
- Marvin Loecker, Executive Vice President
- Mike Schultz, Estimator
Nick Kasik, operations manager, will oversee this project.
The Laramie River Station is one of the largest consumer-operated, regional, joint power supply ventures in the United States. It consists of three coal-based units that began operation in the early 1980s. For more information, click here.