LENEXA, Kan. – P1 Group has been selected as the prime contractor for the demolition and replacement of the electrical substation at WaterOne’s Hansen Water Treatment Plant.
P1 Group was awarded this project in March 2013 and expects to complete it by May 2014.
Scope of Work
- Remove (2) existing 15kv primary electrical oil filled transformers – approximately 20,000 pounds each
- Remove existing 15kv primary electrical substation
- Remove existing 15kv conductors and conduits feeding the substation from KCPL
- Remove existing 15Kv conductors from existing substation to water treatment plant – approximately 8,000 linear feet of cable
- Remove all existing concrete substation foundations, fencing, etc.
- Install new concrete substation foundations, slabs and fencing.
- Install (2) new 15kv primary transformers – approximately 18,000 pounds each
- Install (2) new 15kv primary electrical substations – approximately 10,000 pounds each, 25 feet long and 8 feet high
- Install new conduit and primary 15kv conductors from the new substation to the KCPL connection point.
- Install new conductors from substation to the waste water treatment plant – approximately 8,000 linear feet of cable
Congratulations to the following associates who were integral in securing this work for P1 Group:
- Casey Walsh, Senior Project Manager
- Jay Thiesen, Estimator
- Steve Smith, Vice President
- Marvin Loecker, Executive Vice President