LAWRENCE, Kan. – P1 Group, Inc. has won a pair of mechanical and electrical projects at the KU Spencer Museum of Art in Lawrence, Kan.
P1 Group was awarded these projects in November 2010 and expects to complete them by early April 2011.
- Replace (2) 570-ton centrifugal chillers
- Add a cooling tower
- Route condenser water through existing building
- Install electrical feeders to new chillers and associated pumps
- Install (2) new 800 Amp disconnects
Chilled Water Loop
- Excavate and run pre-insulated pipe from Spencer Museum of Art to the tunnels
- Run piping in tunnels from Lippencott Hall to Dyche Hall
- Demolish a chiller, cooling tower and piping in Dyche Hall
- Replace pumps in Dyche Hall and add chilled water system in tunnels
Congratulations to the following associates who were integral in securing this work for P1 Group:
- Steve Smith, Vice President
- Chris Champagne, Operations Manager
- Mike Mihalchik, Senior Mechanical Estimator
- Mike Schultz, Mechanical Estimator
- Chad Mosley, Mechanical Estimator
- Jay Thiesen, Electrical Estimator
The Spencer Museum of Art houses nearly 36,000 artworks and artifacts across all media. The chillers that P1 Group will replace were originally installed by Huxtable (a founding company of P1 Group) back in 1976.