LAWRENCE, Kan. – P1 Group has been awarded the HVAC and plumbing for the new School of Business at the University of Kansas.
The 163,000 square-foot building is scheduled for completion in April 2016 and will be the largest academic building constructed at KU entirely through private donations. The KU School of Business currently resides within Summerfield Hall, which was dedicated in 1960. The new building is named Capitol Federal Hall.
P1 Group’s Scope of Work:
- All HVAC air handling units
- All HVAC sheet metal air distribution systems
- All exhaust systems
- All HVAC piping, chilled water, heating hot water
- All plumbing fixtures and trim
- All plumbing piping, domestic water, waste and vent, roof drain
The new Central Plant building at KU, awarded to P1 Group earlier this year, will provide the chilled water and heating hot water through a tunnel between the two buildings.
Ben Schrader, P1 Group, is the project manager. Congratulations to these P1 Group associates who were integral in securing this work:
- Jerry King, mechanical estimator
- Garrett Parker, mechanical estimator
- Steve Smith, vice president/preconstruction services
- Chris Champagne, operations manager/commercial