NEVADA, Mo. – P1 Group, Inc. has won an electrical substation replacement/slitter installation project at 3M Nevada in Nevada, Mo.
The job will require shutting down power to a large section of the plant. P1 will carefully plan the execution so as to keep the outage to 12 hours or less.
This project was awarded in October 2011 and is expected to be completed by January 2012.
Scope of Work
- Demo existing 1000 KVA substation, transformer, and switchgear
- Install new 1500 KVA substation, transformer, and switchgear
- Provide new 800 amp electrical distribution for new slitter line
- Install new power to all equipment for new slitter line
Congratulations to the following associates who were integral in securing this work for P1 Group:
- Casey Walsh, Senior Project Manager
- Ralph Wright, Millwright Superintendent
- John Lundien, General Foreman
The 3M Nevada plant is the center of the 3M Commercial Graphics business, which offers materials and solutions to the worldwide graphics and signage industry. The 769,000-square-foot plant is operated by more than 600 employees who fulfill over 7,500 orders per month.