KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Rusty Roderick, Vice President at P1 Group, Inc., was a presenter at the recent Constellation Energy Conferences in Wichita and Kansas City.
Conference attendees were primarily building owners or managers interested in developing strategies for saving energy. Roderick leads the Performance Solutions division at P1 Group, which provides building and energy solutions to our clients.
In his talk, Roderick outlined the P1 Group approach to energy efficiency management, which is a customized approach that is designed to slash energy consumption, minimize system downtime, extend equipment life and optimize overall productivity. To thoroughly study and improve energy efficiency, Roderick said, building owners must:
- Define their energy expectations and outcomes, by establishing operational and environmental performance objectives.
- Conduct facility performance benchmarking, to understand baseline facility performance indicators so improvements can be measured.
- Perform an energy audit, to assess the current situation and determine goals for improvement.
- Consider retro-commissioning, which is a systematic process for identifying poor performance in existing systems design, equipment and control systems.
- Maintain lifecycle performance, because energy savings is only beneficial if it is continually maintained and measured.
To learn more about Performance Solutions, contact P1 Group at 913-529-5000.