BURLINGTON, Kan. – P1 Group is pleased to announce that it has won a portion of the mechanical work for Wolf Creek Generating Station’s 19th refueling outage.
The outage is scheduled to start in late January 2013 and complete in April 2013.
Scope of Work
- Provide weld shop personnel for pre-outage and outage welding activities on the primary and secondary side of the plant totaling approximately 60,000 work hours.
- The majority of the work will be ASME Section XI stainless steel piping and associated valve replacement which will include radiography testing of completed welds.
- Currently, (2) project managers, (1) foreman, (7) certified welders and (1) pipefitter are performing the pre-outage activities.
- In January 2013, P1 will add (1) general foreman, (5) foreman, (21) certified welders and (19) pipefitters for the duration of the outage.
Congratulations to the following associates who were integral in securing this work for P1 Group:
- Tom Crumrine, Nuclear Operations Manager
- Steve Dawson, Senior Project Manager
- Chuck Huff, Project Manager