BROWNVILLE, Neb. – P1 Group was awarded the mechanical work for the Extraction Steam System Piping Upgrade – Phase 2 project at Cooper Nuclear Station.
P1 was awarded this project in May 2013 and will begin fabrication this summer. Installation is expected to take 3-4 weeks and will start fall 2014 during Refuel 28.
Scope of Work
- Remove and replace extraction steam piping assemblies in the 1A condenser.
- Fabricate and install new 30” and 26” piping assemblies. This project will consist of approximately 80 hours of fabrication, including weld program review and acceptance by the customer.
- P1 will provide an onsite crew of 12-18 welders, pipefitters, apprentices and QC inspectors. A management team of 6-8 will also oversee this project.
Congratulations to the following associates who were integral in securing this work for P1 Group:
- Tom Crumrine, Nuclear Operations Manager
- Steve Dawson, Senior Project Manager
- Chuck Huff, Project Manager
- Ken Moore, Operations Support Manager
- Mike Mihalchik, Senior Mechanical Estimator
- George Stuller, Consultant
The Extraction Steam System Piping Upgrade project will be the first project in which P1 will implement their NQA-1 program.