BURLINGTON, Kan. – P1 Group, Inc. has won piping and electrical work on the ESW Train “A” Pump at Wolf Creek Generating Station in Burlington, Kan.
P1 Group was awarded this project in July 2010. The work will be part of Refuel 18 during the Spring of 2011 and will be critical to the operations of the power plant.
Scope of Work
- De-terminate and terminate motor electrical and instrumentation leads
- Remove and install new pump hold-down and interface piping bolting
- Remove seismic support shims and install (weld) shims support shims in place
- Remove and install new pump
- Install motor
- Align motor to pump and set impeller
Congratulations to the following associates who were integral in securing this work for P1 Group:
- Tom Crumrine, Senior Project Manager
- Mike Mihalchik, Senior Mechanical Estimator
- Larry Schultz, Electrical Project Manager
Wolf Creek Generating Station is Kansas’ only nuclear power plant and has been providing energy to Kansas and Missouri since 1985. The plant generates about 1,200 megawatt electrical, which is enough energy for approximately 800,000 homes.