KANSAS CITY, Mo. – P1 Group, Inc. has won the piping, plumbing and sheet metal work for the new East Tower addition at Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Mo. The 122,500-square-foot addition spans eight floors and includes operating rooms, patient rooms and cafeteria expansion.
This project was awarded in May 2010 and is expected to be completed by June 2012.
Scope of Work
- (5) new AHUs totaling 119,000 CFM with chilled water coils and steam pre heat coils
- (1) new 800 HP boiler
- (279) hot water reheat boxes and radiant panels
- Steam humidifiers
- (386) plumbing fixtures
- (576) medical gas outlets
- New vacuum pump, medical air compressor and (14) medical gas manifolds
Congratulations to the following associates who were integral in securing this work for P1 Group:
- Paul Smith, Vice President
- Mike Mihalchik, Senior Mechanical Estimator
- Jeff Peterson, Estimator
- Joe Camren, Estimator
Children’s Mercy Hospital provides state-of-the-art care for children from birth to age 18, and it is the only free-standing children’s hospital between St. Louis and Denver.