OVERLAND PARK, Kan. – P1 Group, Inc. has won a piping, sheet metal and plumbing project at the Black & Veatch headquarters in Overland Park, Kan. The seven story LEED targeted project includes 548,000 square feet of interior renovation to office and conference space and a 12,500-square-foot innovation pavilion entry addition.
P1 Group was awarded this project in January 2012 and expects to complete it by October 2014.
P1 Group had previously been awarded the preconstruction work for this project in December 2010. To read more about this click here.
Scope of Work
- New mechanical room for the innovation pavilion
- New Geothermal Well Field and Ground Source System for the Innovation Pavilion
- Replacing (2) 110,000 CFM Custom Field Fabricated Air Handling Units
- Replacing 1,665 Ton Cooling Tower
- Installing (2) new 25,000 CFM Dedicated Outside Air Units
- 419 Plumbing fixtures and plumbing piping
- New snow melt and radiant floor systems for the innovation pavilion
- Complete replacement of ductwork and plumbing in half of the building.
Congratulations to the following associates who were integral in securing this work for P1 Group:
- Pete McCall, Executive Vice President
- Bill Frede, Preconstruction Manager
- Chris Champagne, Operations Manager
- Brian Maginness, Project Manager
- Jerry King, Mechanical Estimator
- Jeff Peterson, Mechanical Estimator
- Calvin Glissman, Mechanical Estimator
Black & Veatch Corporation is a leading global engineering, consulting and construction company specializing in infrastructure development in energy, water, information and government market sectors.