KANSAS CITY, Kan. – P1 Group, Inc. has won the electrical work for the new 26,000-square-foot Orthopedic Clinic addition to the University of Kansas Hospital campus. This two-story expansion will contain exam rooms, treatment bays and physical therapy areas.
The project will also pursue LEED certification.
P1 Group was awarded this project in July 2010 and expects to complete it by July 2011.
Scope of Work
- Install occupancy sensors to control individual exam room and treatment room lights
- Install network lighting control system with daylight harvesting for control of main corridors and lobby spaces
- Tie power distribution, network lighting controls, cable tray and teledata systems into corresponding Medical Office Building (MOB) systems
- BIM (3-D Building Information Modeling)
Congratulations to the following associates who were integral in securing this work for P1 Group:
- Steve Chonis, Project Manager
- Dolan Boxberger, Project Engineer
- Santos Prieto, Project Intern
P1’s project team will include Steve Chonis, project manager; Phil Liebnitz, electrical foreman; and Ted Thompson, BIM coordinator.