KANSAS CITY, Mo. – P1 Group, Inc. has won its second major data center project at an undisclosed Tier 4 data center in Kansas City, Mo. P1 will perform STS/PDU modifications.
The Kansas City-based contractor will function as the general contractor, mechanical contractor and electrical contractor on this project. Since the data center is Tier 4, P1 Group will execute mission critical work without interruption of service.
This project was awarded in November 2010 and is expected to be completed by March 2012.
Scope of Work
- Install (4) temporary PDUs on the computer room floor
- Install temporary power backfeeds from temporary PDUs to active, energized PDUs to maintain service to computers
- Modify existing energized PDUs to replace dual input circuit breakers with single input breakers
- Install (30) static transfer switches (STS) and connect PDU input feeders
- P1 Group’s Mechanical Service Division will modify existing chilled water piping under the computer room raised floor at three Computer Room Units.
- Upgrade existing control system and provide new modbus network for monitoring of new STSs by existing building control system
Congratulations to the following associates who were integral in securing this work for P1 Group:
- Kelly Dillon, Operations Manager
- Steve Chonis, Electrical Project Manager
- Casey Rohaus, Mechanical Project Manager
- Stephen Barber Jr., General Foreman
Steve Chonis, Casey Rohaus and Stephen Barber Jr. will oversee the construction of this project.