P1 Group, Inc. offers a wide array of Mechanical and Electrical Preconstruction Services performed by a staff of experienced construction professionals including licensed professional engineers with consulting experience. As with every job we undertake, these services are performed with safety, quality and the best interests of the client in mind.
OUR PRECONSTRUCTION SERVICES
Our depth of expertise in a range of markets including commercial, industrial, healthcare, laboratories and data centers enables us to bring a broad range of solutions to each project including:
- Engineering Services consist of the creation of complete in-house designs or managing outside consultants. We recommend the proper system for each facility by educating the client of initial and life cycle costs, energy efficiency and system complexity.
- Design and Constructability Review is an evaluation of the systems and concepts followed by a detailed review of project specific construction logic which helps to determine the ease and duration of the work.
- Preconstruction Estimating includes the completion of a scope document, along with system selection and design engineering as required. Using documented and proven historical cost information we are able to provide reliable cost opinions and GMP Estimates that can be used to determine the completed cost of the work and assist in the budget analysis. Costs are broken down into multiple system components so that the information can be presented in a logical format with the appropriate amount of detail. Methods used in the process include cost/sf, unit cost values and quantitative take-offs.
- Value Engineering Services offer cost reduction alternatives from large-scale, system-type changes to small-scale changes including alterations to piping material or joining method and insulation or pipe hanger type.
- Scheduling consists of developing a detailed schedule taking into consideration design and drawing status, equipment deliveries, manpower loading and project milestones showing the involvement of all related project team members.
- Risk Management and Quality Control consists of establishing, documenting and monitoring project standards and procedures as they relate to the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing scopes of work and are consistent with the owners and general contractor’s objectives. The project scheduling information can be provided in the same format the construction manager is using so that the task logic and durations are able to be uploaded into the master project schedule.