MEDICINE LODGE, Kan. – P1 Group was selected by the Barber County commissioners to evaluate, design and implement energy efficient mechanical, electrical and building envelope infrastructure improvements. P1 provided recommendations to minimize the total cost of ownership.
P1 Group is expected to complete this project in September 2013.
Scope of Work
Analyze the “Whole Building” infrastructure. In this phase, budgets were established and the work was prioritized. An engineered energy study for best practices based on life cycle cost, constructability and sustainability was performed.
The engineered design was based on “Whole Building” approach, which allowed for optimization of system capacities for heating and cooling via improved lighting and building envelope infrastructure elements.
The following work will be performed:
- Packaged heating and cooling roof top units
- Heating and cooling split systems-air handlers with remote condensing unit
- Distribution duct work
- Wi-Fi web-based thermostat
- Upgraded lighting
- Electrical distribution modifications
- Insulated high-efficient tinted windows and doors
Security and Access Control
- Card key access or all entry and exit doors
- Video surveillance with digital storage
Congratulations to the following associates who were integral in securing this work for P1 Group:
- Rusty Roderick, Vice President
- Bill Frede, Pre-Construction Manager
- Clinton Gechter, Project Manager
- Michael Salmon, Project Developer
- Casey Rohaus, Senior Project Manager
- Drew Schon, Project Manager
- Jerry King, Estimator